AquaSmart’s™ keen focus on innovation and rigorous testing is also impacting the Oil & Gas industry, in the form of a patented self-suspending sand technology that improves the transportability of frac sand (proppant). We worked closely with one of the industry’s largest E&P companies to prove our product’s value in the lab and in the field. This led to our ProProp™ technology that distributes proppant evenly throughout the fluid column and creates a more complex propped fracture network. As a result, ProProp™ dramatically increases hydrocarbon yields and speeds well completions. In fact, ProProp™ has increased cumulative production by an average of 26% over offset wells targeting the same formations in the same fields with equivalent designs. By reducing water and chemical volumes, ProProp™ also reduces the associated transportation and handling costs, while significantly reducing the pumping pressure required to effectively place the proppant, resulting in higher profitability from every well.
ProProp™’s proprietary, dual-polymer coating is the next evolutionary step in well performance thanks to its eleven patented processes which make it the only patented dry-polymer coated suspension technology boosting EURs (Estimated Ultimate Recovery) while reducing chemical and water usage.
- ±10% reduction in water consumption; ± 25% reduction in pumping time
- Eliminates the need for gel and crosslink chemistry
- Lowers pumping pressures required to efficiently place the proppant
- Dramatically reduces well-intervention events, production loss, and well maintenance
- Reduced maintenance costs associated with surface iron wearing
- Increased fracture complexity and length, without the additives required in a hybrid job
- Excellent proppant transport and placement increases contact with the source rock
- Eliminates premature settling and duning within the fracture network
- Average 26% increase in BOE (Barrel of Oil Equivalent) yield compared to typical fluid systems
- An anionic fluid system, compatible with other anionic chemical systems
- Coating design allows for customized rheology properties
- Successfully used in 60 wells across North America
- More than 1,000 stages successfully pumped
- Remarkable sand management and flowback control